PLEASE TAKE NOTE: THE DRBC HAS POSTPONED ITS MEETING UNTIL NOVEMBER 21ST.
Josh Fox and Matt Sanchez have created this video because the Delaware River Basin is in severe danger. The Delaware River Basin Commission will vote on October 21st on regulations that would permit over 20,000 gas wells in the river basin. Now is the time to act!
Protect the Delaware River Watershed from pollution created by toxic gas drilling. The Delaware River Basin, an intergovernmental body, is about to move forward with regulations to permit fracking. This is a public health hazard and we cannot let this occur!
Three things you can do:
1) Call the Governors and President Obama TODAY and tell them Don’t Drill the Delaware, and Don’t approve ANY regulations to permit fracking!
- Governor Christie’s office – 609-292-6000
- Governor Cuomo’s office – 518-474-8390
- Gov Corbett’s office – 717-787-2500
- Gov Markell’s Wilmington Office – 302-577-3210
- And the white house comment line is 202-456-1111
2) Come to the DRBC meeting!
When: November 21, 8 am
Where: Patriots Theater at the War Memorial, 1 Memorial Drive Trenton, N.J.
Coming from another location? Bus sign up HERE.
3) Delaware Riverkeeper Network will host a training session in lawful, peaceful, first amendment activity. For more information, Click HERE.
Questions: email@example.com and/or continue to check back.
The members of the DRBC – the Governors of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware and the Army Corps of Engineers as the federal representative – will decide the future of this Watershed, the Wild and Scenic Delaware River, and the water supply for over 15 million people with their action on November 21. How can they allow drilling and fracking to start with weak regulations that don’t protect our drinking water and our watersheds? We need to tell them “Don’t Drill the Delaware!”
Keep checking back for updates and go to:
www.delawareriverkeeper.org and our other supporting organizations.